Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook express 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigertom

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2003
GB
I recently upgraded from w98 to 2000 and have a problem with Outlook Express. I can receive e-mails, but every time I try and send one I get an error message and I cannot access my Address Book either to import my contacts.
I am probably missing out on something basis - any info would be appreciated.
Tigertom

Have you tried to upgrade Outlook Express by doing an Internet Explorer update? I am running version 6.0.28. Trying doing an Internet Explore update to see if that will repair the Outlook Express problem.

--
Chris
PCI & ISA Motherboard Diagnostic POST CARD

Yes,
Thanks Chris. I tried that with no joy. I think the problem is associated with an error message I get when I click on 'OUTLOOK' It tells me 'Unable to load AVGXCH32.DLL - Perhaps a DLL file is missing'
Tom

The outlook error message is looking for avgxch32.dll in windows\system folder, however the registry entry points to the windows\system32 folder.

. copy the file from c:\winnt\system32 to c:\winnt\system

This is an AVG antivirus file.

tigetom,

Could you clarify this thread for me?

My notes show a installation bug in AVG antivirus.

How did you resolve this issue if not moving the DLL between the system32 and system folders?

I cannot accept that reinstalling IE would resolve this.

For all you guys who have helped. Thanks a lot. I did try re-installing IE with no joy. I copied the file over as suggested and ALSO removed my antivirus (AVG) and then re-installed Win 2000 pro. Success. All works ok. All I need now is to find drivers for my Samsung SC-152L CD Rom and my NEC NC-9100A CD-RW and it will be a happy New Year !! Yes, I've tried the usual manufacturers sites and driver sites and re-installing (this gives a temporary but intermittent solution)
Tom

A1. Use Device Manager to remove (one device at a time) the CD ROM devices, and let the New Hardware wizard re-discover the devices.

See also:

. TweakUi or similar program issues, it happens quite a bit:

. This MS KB article was written in the XP realm, but I have found it usefull under Win2k. Special note: use the hypertext link shown for Code31 errors as well:

. And this, again an XP discussion, but perfectly apt for Win2k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back