Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks

Technical User
Jan 6, 2003
GB
Hi all

I hope you can help me with this enquiry.

In the next few days I am looking to upgrade from Win 2000
to XP, and I was wondering if there is a way to backup all my mail messages and address book from my Outlook Express.

I am assuming this must be possible, I have many mail messages which are an integral part of my home business which I cannot afford to lose.

Any suggestions welcome on the correct procedure for doing this.

Thanks in advance
Sharks [pipe]

Thanks carr,

Great links which helped me out a treat in my upgrade.
Since installing XP Pro I have a very annoying problem with Outlook Express with regards to the notify sound.

When I receive a new message a notify sound will play as it should. However this sound only seems to play about 50% of the time when new mail arrives.
I have tried using different sounds for this notification and they all seem to do exactly the same thing.
Sound card drivers are all up to date and other sound files can all play fine.

Any suggestions to resolve this annoyance ?

Thanks in advance
Sharks [pipe]

Hmmm...not a clue off the top of my head...but...
short of another running process suppressing the sound< I wonder if OE is wanting its &quot;default&quot; sound. The default is CHIMES.WAV. Try restoring it to this and see if that gives you consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back