Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob2102

Technical User
Feb 13, 2005
US
I was using OE today and when I received a e-mail with a Internet address and clicked on it, the address would not open. Yet when I use Outlook for my e-mail, whenever I'm sent an address it opens. Can anyone help. Also, OE is not my default mail as I use Outlook. Could that be the problem?
Thanks

Please be more specific. You tried to click on an internet e-mail address in FROM section of the e-mail or was it in the body of the e-mail.

I don't think it's ever "clickable" in the FROM section, but I've seen some e-mails in the bodies of my OE messages that are clickable (they look like hyperlinks with different color and underlining) and some that are not clickable.

In other words, nothing may be wrong at all with your OE or your message.

Goomba...The e-mail address was in the body of the e-mail. Yes it had a different color and underlining

But maybe the address was incorrect? that's why it didn't open.

Yes, IE is set to my default browser.

Do you have pop-up blockers or spyware running. Try disabling these and see if it makes a difference. Also, set your default email program to OE in internet settings. Let me know.

Bracadar..I did what you said and not it connected. Another question please...how can I switch my address' from Outlook to OE

What is your current OE user account? Just take the Outlook account settings and make them the same for OE.

My user acct. for outlook is the same for OE. In OE I clik file then import and then address book. When I click address book it takes me to the "My Documents file". Then when I use other address book it lists Eudora, etc. and then text file. Nothing about Outlook

Look in Control Panel for MAIL options

-David
2006 & 2007 Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP)
2006 Dell Certified System Professional (CSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back