Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook express wont upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedevil1

MIS
Apr 13, 2003
GB
im currently running microsoft outlook express 5 and wish to upgrade to outlook express 6.0, but cant find it anywhere - all i get is internet 6. i had outlook exoress 6 before i reformatted. does anyone know how i can upgrade please. thanks in advanced.

I think OE6 is part of IE6. So if you install IE6 your OE will automatically updated to version 6

HTH

-- AirCon --

Howdy:

Outlook Express is integrated into Internet Explorer.. You have to download IE6 if you want OE6. Once you get the setup files for IE installed and running, you will get the option to choose what features you want installed.

Not sure if you can do it, but opt only for OE6!!

Murray

If you're having trouble finding the download, just go online, open Internet Explorer, click Tools, Windows Update. You'll find it there.

Matt

Had a similar problem and this is what I did. If you cant do the regular update go to add/remove programs and find IE5 and click add/remove and it should give you 3 options. 1)revert to previous configuration, 2)Repair and 3) Add windows components(which I am almost positive you can do in IE5, I know you can with version 5.5)Then you can go ahead and jump to IE6. Revert and then install latest version. This is of course when all else fails and has worked like a charm. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back