Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express Spell Check 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegman

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
Hi all, I'm using Outlook Express 6 on my XP and my Spell Check doesn't work on outgoing messeges. A popup on my outgoing messeges says "the spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send it anyway?" I didn't halt the spell check.
I checked the spell check in the Options Menu and it's checked.
My spelling is okay but it always nice to have that backup.
Any ideas.

Thanks

Kegman,

I hadn't heard of that one before, so I checked the Microsoft Knowledge Base. It looks like they are aware of the problem and have instructions for registry editing on their site. For specific information, search for article Q224176 at
Hope this helps!

Corey Palmer
AllPro Technology

Kegman,
Another option you may want to explore is to check for the file "Csapi3t1.dll". If you find it, be sure that it's located in the directory "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof\". If you can't find it or it's not installed in that directory, just copy the file from another computer and place it in that directory. I had 3 computers that this fixed the email spell check problem.

just down load simple free spell check from PCWORLD.com and open when done with email open spell check from task bar high all words check done..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back