Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express send but not receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatteris

Technical User
Jan 11, 2003
GB
Hi.
Running XP home I run Incredimail as email clent. After installing and setting up MSN Messenger I found Incredimail would not start up. I removed MSN Messenger but problem persists. Did a Restore back to a checkpoint previous to this event but no difference. Incredimail will not start up. Re-installed Incredimail but no difference.

As I needed to establish email capability I cranked up Outlook Express on the same machine but on another account. Found that OE6 can send but not receive!!!
When it closes down I get error message :-
"msimn.exe - Application error "The instruction at "0x77f8aef" referenced memory at "0x009a4e24". The memory could not be written"

Although I have searched around I cannot find any info. on this. Obviously I suspect that MSN Messenger has altered a setting somewhere but why didn't Restore reset it?
Can anyone point me in the right direction Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back