Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

conjurer111

Programmer
Aug 11, 2002
IN
Hi,

I had setup a MSN Account in OE. It worked fine sending and receiving messages for some time. Now Whenever I try to send any message I get the following error - The server reported an error. Account: 'cnug', Server: ' Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Precondition Failed', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC3C I tried setting up the account many times , but I get the same error. What could be wrong ? Thanks.

I had the exact same thing happening. After contacting my ISP they told me that when they carry maintanence repairs etc this will invaribly cause a malfunction from time to time - dont worry too much about it.
Mel in the UK

Conjurer-
I'm having the exact, frustrating problem and have been unable to find a solution with Hotmail or MS for the past two weeks. Pls advise if you find a solution. Thanks anyone!!

Hi there,

Well the problem was due to the fact that hotmail and msn have started something like you can send at the most 100 emails per day per account. This is to help stop spam mails. This was causing the problem.

I understand how that may happen, but is there any way to resolve the problem? this is the first thread in googleland that I have found on this problem, which is what I have also. and it didn't show in google! hehehe
please write back with a suggestion to fix this, thanks.

Well the best way to get OE mail client to work with MSN mail is to let MSN set the settings for you. First delete or remove all aspects of MSN explorer. then Go to this link.

Boom... done and over with. Good luck and let me know if it all works out.

I have discovered a way to thwart the problem.
it seems that the emails I've been using, be it hotmail or earthlink or whatever, through OE or HTTP, need someone located in the To: address box. so what I do is put my list on the Bcc: box and a bogus address in the To: box.
It is working like a charm.
hope this helps.
loreweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back