Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSL

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
GB
Hello, OE6 is hogging all my RAM, when I start it up it seems fine but after a few minutes(whether I do anything or not) my comp grinds to a halt, because as far as I can work out OE is using all(and I mean all) of my RAM. It's started doing this after I backup my OE setting,email,address book etc. with osiris outlook backup, then upgraded from xp home to pro, when I restored my oe setting,emails etc. this problem occured. I've tried using rambooster to free up memory but as soon as it OE takes it back. If I close OE then everything is fine. Any help grately appreciated.

Thanks

Cecil.

P4 1.6Ghz
256Mb RAM
WinXP Pro Corp. SP1

Try turning off background compaction of messages to see if that's related to the problem.

Didn't think of that. Turns it was a currupted message or something similar, anyway started using Mozilla Thunderbird instead, imported all messages in and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back