Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express, Problem changing email account

Status
Not open for further replies.

basildon

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
GB
I'm trying to change my email provider (to yahoo) and I've gone into outlook express, Accounts- Mail- Properties. In General I've changed emailaddress and replyaddress. In Servers I've changed incoming mail to pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and outgoing mail to smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

I've also changed mt account name and password in incoming mail server to my username and password, but I continually receive the message that my password is being rejected when I open outlook express, I have gone into the web version of yahoo mail, and have found that the username and password work fine.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am completely stumped

some ISPs do not allow "forwarding" from their servers. they are hesitant to allow you to use "other email services over their connection.

check with them to see if they are preventing this on your machine.

CORRECTION
some ISPs do not allow "RELAYING" from their servers. they are hesitant to allow you to use "other" email services over their connection.

check with them to see if they are preventing this on your machine.

Also check with your ISP to see if you require any special settings in Outlook to retrieve your mail. I'm thinking about such things as "SPA required" checkboxes in the properties section for each account setup.

With yahoo you have to go into the mail oiptions and allow pop forwarding. Also if you didn't subscribe to any newsletters when you originally subscribed to yahoo it won't let you odd I know but how else are they going to make money! You can spend about 30 minutes looking for where to subscribe to newsletters and select one then it will let you use outlook after a few days!! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back