Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express Outgoing Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

risk99

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
US
Hi! I've set up my yahoo account from Outlook Express...I have no problem getting mails to my inbox...but I can't send out any mails though...I have set my Outgoing Mail(SMTP): "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" as explained from yahoo.com. And I have Outgoing mail (SMTP): 25 for Server Port number. Any comments will be appreciated. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

who is your ISP because if you are broadband you will need to put there name in the outgoing mail server ie if you had broadband with ntl you would have to have smtp.ntlworld.com as your outgoing mail server even if you dont usee ntl for mail as its there line that your mail is getting conveyed on
any other elp id be pleased to help

salboy,

Thanks for your quick reply...actually, my problem is solved after checking "My Server Requires Authentication" from Outgoing Mail Server option. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back