Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook express multi-user 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim2

Programmer
Oct 18, 2001
Hello,

I have set up three accounts on my outlook express 5.0. When oultook goes to retrieve e-mail it retreives it for all three accounts regardless of which identity is logged on. I am sure there is a way to fix this but cannot find it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you have only one mail account for each identity or does one of the identities have all three mail accounts entered as an account? joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Excuse my stupidity, but I am not well versed in setting up email, when I select accounts there are three identities there. All three have the same domain but different login names. When I start Outlook it requests the identity to logon in as. I expected that outlook would only pull email for the identity selected. I hope this is the information you wanted. Each identity, on properties only has one domain set.

Thanks
Les

I don't think you have this setup correctly or rather they way you want it to work. From what you described it appears that you have all three accounts setup under one identity. You should check if you also have the mail accounts actually setup under the other identities as well. There should only be one account per identity if you want to manage the separate accounts under separate identites.

Click on FILE - SWITCH IDENTITY and the select the other identities. Then go into accounts and see if there is a mail account listed for the identity. Once you checked the other identities and see that each one has one account listed then go back to the identity that has the three accounts listed and remove the two that are for the other identity.

Hopefully this gets you working the way you want. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

joegz,

Thanks! you were right I didn't have it set up the way I wanted. I followed your instructions and it is OK now. I also know how to set up identities now!!!!!

two ** for you

Cheers to you.[cheers] joegz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back