Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express Inbox Displays Incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarianG

MIS
Feb 10, 2003
US
Outlook Express 6.0
Windows XP

I have a customer who tells me that Outlook Express displays the wrong number of new messages in the inbox about 50% of the time. Sometimes it IS correct, but others it is not.

No pattern can be determined from the error.
Ex: Inbox will display 4 messages, only 2 will be there, the next day it will display 4 and there are none, vice versa and etc etc...

I can not recreate the error, it occurs randomly no matter what folder is pushed in any order, time of day, cold boot, reboot, etc.

Ran Windows update when problem started occuring 3 weeks ago.

Windows has been updated as well as tried doing this with Anti-virus software turned off.

I am open to any ideas, thanks for reading this!

click on folders>compact all folders this can sometimes help.

You sure its OE and not outlook?

Outlook can do this if you have web folders set up cos the update emails go into the inbox and then vanish as they get used but can still appear in the list.

Definitely OE.

I sent an e-mail to the customer to try the compact all folders, no response yet from him.

Compacting folders had no effect, the problem still remains.

What else you got? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back