Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express failing to open in Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

iseeit

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2001
GB
Having worked fine for ages, Outlook Express now fails to open in Windows 98 but no error shown the majority of the time. Occasionally 'Error in OUTLRPC.DLL at 017F:6e02223f' shown.
Where should I look for clues to th cause and how can I resolve this?

Drives me nuts when people suggest this...

Don't run the system file checker, it detects files that windows update has altered, and lists them as changed/corrupted. Its a known fact this tool can wreak havoc on your system, don't use it.

Try this instead

I need to register a new domain. MCSEsGoBackToDrivingForklifts.com

Matt

One other note, in case someone posts something stating the system file checker was fixed in 98 second edition, don't believe it, I've seen this first hand. You could also reinstall Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

I need to register a new domain. MCSEsGoBackToDrivingForklifts.com

Matt

Why not run SFC regularly, say a week after an upgrade, as a maintenance tool ? - When an update is accepted, the update verification information should also be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back