Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express and Password on XP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fearlessfreap24

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
US
I recently got a computer with OE 6 and XP home. OE will not remember the passwords to my pop email. I have tried the regisrty edit fix and it worked, but then my modem would not log on to my ISP. I removed my ISP software (Earthlink) and reloaded it and now it won't remember the passwords again. I checked the registry and everything i had done is still done, nothing has changed. Can anyone help?

hhhhmmmmmmmmm.... have you tried deleting the email account and adding it back in?

is there any other password remembering problems?

what you might want to do is use the same reg. fix and remove earthlink software then create a DUN connection without the software. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

Thank you for your help. The link helped me out. I ended up deleteing the whole regisrty key instead of the subkey. and removed the ISP software. Now it is working fine. Thanks again for the help

Dylan

Thank you all very much...had to re-install Office XP after sending laptop in for service was racking my brain as to how to fix the password issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back