Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express and Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ispyderman98

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2003
US
I'm in the process of rebuilding a server. My users on my network prefer to use Outlook Express as their mail client. Obviously, I'd like to syncronize the OE data back to the server upon logoff of the user for backup. I know enough to manually change the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\...\OE 5.0] Key to move the store directory to, lets say, %user_profile%\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express. Once moved from the Local Settings directory to the Application Data directory, the folder synronizes with the profile back to the server. Now, I understand how to do that manually per each client. How can I automate the process? A REG file maybe? The OS on the Server is Windows 2000 Server with a fresh nicely working install of AD. It would be cool if the process would work much like the My Documents redirect. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back