Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express 5.5 File Attachment Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

innocuous

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
GB
I want to change the default location in Outlook Express 5.5 (running under Windows 2000 Professional) so that when I go to attach a document it doesn't offer me C:\My Documnets but my network location, e.g. H:\Word. I know you can change the default file locations in other Microsoft products, so how do I do it in Outlook Express 5.5? Does anybody know? I've tried the Registry change suggested to work for Outlook but it doesn't appear to work for Outlook Express.

Hello,
I was wondering if you ever figured out how to change the default file attachment location in outook express ?

Thanks

You could change the location of My Documents to the network location so when it opens up, it's in the right place.

Thanks for the Tip.
I was wondering, besides moving the folder, how to tell Windows the default location of the My Documents folder?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean. If you right-click and go to the properties of my docs, you can change the location of it there. Is that what you're asking or did I miss it completely?

ok, I think I got it. I changed the location of the my documents folder to the folder that she wanted to be the default folder and then just created her another shortcut to the my documents folder on the desktop.
Hopefully she won't notice. Thanks for ALL your help bowfonz. I REALLY apprecite it.

ViningMIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back