Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express 5.0 to 6.0 glitch HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypilot

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
I updated IE to 6.0, and now, when I attempt to launch my email program (outlook express), I get the message "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. The dll is there, in the outlook express directory, but alas, I'm unable to launch the program.

Have I lost all the emails I had needed to save?

do a search for file extensions *.dbx with the names of you OE folders. Copy and Save them to disk (in another location). This will save your emails.

BUT... go to the control panel and then add/remove programs and chose IE6 from the list. When you do it will give you the option to repair your current version. Try that We are always looking for new members at our computer forums: Please come join our community too.

My prob with Outlook express is that my links within a message, mine or others, don't work...are not clickable. I have Win XP. Can anyone tell me what's happened? I need my signature to be clickable in my email.

My prob with Outlook express is that my links within a message, mine or others, don't work...are not clickable. I have Win XP. Can anyone tell me what's happened? I need my signature to be clickable in my email.

rferg. Next time please start a new thread but .....

Check to see what format you have your inbound and outbound emails set to. If you have them set to plain text this may be part of the problem. Also check you security settings. They may be too tight and not allowing "potential" harmful scripts We are always looking for new members at our computer forums: Please come join our community too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back