Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook/exchange profile annoyance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgage

MIS
Aug 21, 2002
US
I've got an outlook user who wants to view emails a certain way on one system and antoher way on his small laptop. He wants preview pane on one but not the other for example. But this is saved on the server by mailbox I'm assuming as any change made on one system takes on the other. Is there a way to disable this or have different profiles on each system? Thanks!

Unless you guys are using roaming profile....user profile stays in the local machine.

No, this is not dependent on the NT user account profile. It is data stored in the Exchange server database that associates the mailbox with certain preferences in Outlook such as preview pane and the columns such as sent/recieved, time/date, etc columns across the top. That's all I know based on one KB article but it doesn't indicate this type of config file can be saved locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back