Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook, exchange and multiple reply addresses 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2001
US
I am running ezxchange 5.5 with outlook 2000 and 2002. I have configured exchange to distrbute mail to the client from multiple domains. Thus they are getting mail from tom@domain1 and tom@domain2 from one exchange account. My question is how can I set up outlook to send mail from the user tom using either email address tom@domain1 or tom@domain2. Currently exchange is defaulting to one e-mail address. What can I do to send mail from tom using either e-mail address: domain1 or doamin2 without it defaulting to one or creating multiple profiles on each workstation.

Set permissions for Tom to access all mailboxes. In Exchange Admin, grant Tom send as permissions. Go into each mailbox and grant Tom Owner access to the mailbox and Inbox, but no others. Repeat for all mailboxes except his main one.

In outlook tools services exchange advanced add in the second (and more if need be) mailboxes. Leave his main one as normal.

Once in Outlook he can see his main Inbox, Sent Items etc and the Inboxes for his other accounts. He can now sent as whichever he wants.

I have this working for 10 accounts in one person's Outlook and it works perfectly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back