Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Error Message 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

guntherville

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2001
US
I recently started recieving error messages on new contacts I have placed in Outlook. However the message does not appear on every new contact, just random ones.

The message is as follows:
The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook Form instead. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator.

I am on a standalone system, any ideas?

Maybe frmcache.dat

Not sure what OS you are running but on NT 4 it is located at C:\winnt\forms.

You could try
-quitting from Outlook
-renaming the frmcache.dat to frmcache.dat-old
-restarting Outook
and see how it goes.

A clean frmcache.dat will recreate (but if any problems you still have the old one to put back).

I have a machine that would come up with a similar error. If I was to add a new appointment to the calendar, it would error out and not save the changes. This was with the calendar existing on an Exchange 5.5 server. The error I got was:

Could not save item. The form required cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator.

Workaround - Calendar: Tools; Forms; Choose a form; Standard Form Library; Apointment; Open

Fix - rename the frmcache.dat as suggested by fagan.

-Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back