Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook E-mail Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstrong

Programmer
Jun 22, 2007
US
Hey,
I am having trouble getting an e-mail to merge correctly from a template. In ACT, when I click Write->E-Mail Message (from template) and then select the template I want, Outlook will open a new e-mail with the correct e-mail address but the body will be completely blank. The template works fine on other people's computers but not on a certain few. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? BTW, I am using .adt templates. Thanks.

I think I recall reading somewhere that there were issues with using email templates and Outlook. What happens if you switch to using ACT's email client instead?

ACT > Tools > Preferences > Email tab > Email System Setup > Check Microsoft Outlook > Next > Use the ACT Email Program > Next > Finish

~Melagan
______
"It's never too late to become what you might have been.

The ACT e-mail client seems to work fine. I guess we'll just have to use that instead of Outlook. Thanks.

I figured out what was wrong. I can still use Outlook as the client for everything except editing e-mail messages. This is done by going into Outlook, Tools->Options->Mail Format and uncheck "Use Office to edit e-mail messages

Oops - yes, using 'Word' or 'Office' as your email editor in Outlook will cause big problems in this department as well; I should have thought of that[blush]

~Melagan
______
"It's never too late to become what you might have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back