Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook delegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgscit

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
AU
Hi folks,

How do I create an email account such as "helpdesk@mycompany.com" that a number of people can access and work in etc.

I know that I can delegate an account but to be able to open the inbox etc, I have had to log in as the account, delegate and adjust the permissions, then log back in as the user I want to open the account in thier profile.

Is there a quicker way? I have not been able to find an option to do this in active directory or in exchange system manager.

Cheers,

Pete
[morning]

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago but was told there isn't an easier way.

If all you are looking for is a mailbox to collect e-mail sent to helpdesk@mycompany.com, then create a mail-enabled public folder and assign it that e-mail address.

One warning, all SMTP e-mail from outside your organization will be 'converted' to the Post format. There are ways to change this behavior - there is a method in the MS kb, plus some 3rd party event sinks.

If you all the other stuff that an exchange mailbox has (Calender, Journal, etc), then you have to use the method you are already familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back