Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Delegate Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2002
US
I have a user who needs to be able to view and edit the Outlook contacts of her boss. I have granted her delegate access from the boss's PC and made her an editor. (I made sure that the radio button for edit items is set to all) I then added his mailbox to her PC. She is able to view his contacts but cannot add/change them, she gets an 'access denied' error. I even gave made her the owner of his contacts (from his Outlook) but nothing seems to work.

I tried to give her permissions to my contacts and the same thing happens. I have set this up 20-30 times here for secretaries/bosses and have never had a problem until now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The thing here is that you said "I then added his mailbox to her PC". Well you haven't given permissions to the mailbox but rather just the contacts folder.

Since you added the mailbox you then also have to give permissions to the mailbox. Right mouse click the mailbox folder on the boss's PC and go to PROPERTIES. Select the permissions tab and grant the appropriate permissions.

Otherwise the user would access the folders by using the FILE - OPEN - OTHER USERS FOLDER menu to access the contacts. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

I did grant her permissions, sorry for not making that clear in the original post. I have set up many users here with delegate access and this is the only one that ever gave me trouble. Also tried file=>open=>other users folder without success.

Ended up solving problem by deleting her profile from her local machine and deleting ntuser.dat from the server. When she logged back on, her profile was recreated and delegate access worked properly.

Thanks for the post though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back