Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook cutting messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexxxy

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
AU
Hi all,
I have a client who is having a very bizzare issue with Microsoft Outlook 2000.

What happens is that they will have an email which will come from an external source and then forwarded internally. When it is sent the message is cut in half and only the top section is being sent.

When forwarding the message all of the text appears, however once sent, the message is being cut off and the message in sent items is showing as being cut off.

Has anyone experienced this or similar?

thanks

Is the next person receiving the message ok? Just a thought, one of our directors thought that his messages were 'disappearing', however it turned out that a couple of the fonts on his machine had become corrupt or deleted

Hi Rexxxy. Check out this FAQ. I think it may help you.
faq68-2270 -Brad :-D
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

When you're having a bad day just remember it could be worse.....couldn't it?

Thanks for you response, however the text in the message is plain text.

Hello again Rexxy. The problem you're having is not being caused by your email format. In that FAQ is talking about the different views (autopreview, preview pane) you have selected in OL2000. After a fresh installation of OL2000 if nothing has changed then this type of problem can happen. My suggestion is you re-read the FAQ and do what it's suggesting. -Brad :-D
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

When you're having a bad day just remember it could be worse.....couldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back