Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Contacts Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloo

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2002
AU
We are using a shared outlook contacts folder. However we have found that although eveyone can see the information and even change it, the perosn who sets up a new contact is the only person who can change the information. There are 2 main problems with this:
1. we cannmot see who the "owner" of the entry is.
2. we cannot make edits to an existing contact file, therfore I am finding a lot of duplicate entries for the same contact because a new one has been created when some information on a contact has changes.
Using basic outlook 2000, what should I be doing so that everyone can edit, or at least I can see who the owner is?
(have found that the author is identified, but is definetly wrong in most cases). I have found information on exchange, is this what I should be doing? Does this mean drastic changes to our exisiting setup??

There is no real way to tell who the creator of new contacts is. There is one thing you want to check though. Right click on the shared contacts and select properties/permissions tab/and make sure everyone has 'edit all' selected. You may have only 'edit own' selected. Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back