Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook contact's Fax numbers in Adress list 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahmelion

MIS
Jan 3, 2001
US
I have hundreds of Contacts in my contact list within Outlook 2000. Whenever I type an e-mail and go through my address book and then select contacts it list all of my contact's e-mail addresses and their fax numbers as well. Is there a way for the addres book list to just show the e-mail address... Thanks in advance

Hello, no. This was an "enhancement" to Outlook 2000. No one likes it. The e-mail address is always first, I believe. To confirm, you can scroll to the right, and see which one is listed as SMTP vs. Fax. The solution offered by Microsoft is, if you don't use Outlook to fax but list the fax number as informational only, put the fax numbers in another unused field. Or you can put the letter "F" or any other letter in front of the fax number, and then Outlook doesn't recognize it as a valid fax number and won't pull it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back