Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook contacts categories into an address book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordine

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2008
US
Is there a way in Outlook to access contact categories from an address book? I know I can go into the contacts tab, change view to category, then email everyone in a category. What I would like to see is the category names show up like distribution lists when I click the 'To' in a new message.

It would also work for me if a distributions list of the same name could be generated from the category. What I am trying to do is maintain a contact list on a website. There are around 1200 contacts and they are members of may different groups. I want to only maintain the contacts on the cms we are using. I can "tag" the contacts to divide them into their various groups then when I import the list into Outlook I can feed the "tags" to the categories field. My plan breaks down when I cannot easily ad the groups to emails via the 'To', 'Cc' and 'Bcc' buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back