Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Computed Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppepin

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2001
US
Ok, I've got a stupid question for something I am trying to do and can't figure out.

Here is my situation:

I have an Outlook Personal Folder containing over 10,000 emails. These emails are sent to me every day (nightly batch run status) and there is a server rule to move these message from my Inbox to a folder.

What I need to do is delete all of the messages in this folder for every day except Friday. I am able to create a new formula field that I can calculate the day of the week based upon the date, and display it as a field in the folder.

Here is my problem. Once I create this field, I cannot sort on it because it is a formula!!!!!!!!

I figured that this would be the easiest way to delete all the messages if I can sort on the Day, then just SHIFT-click an entire block of messages to delete.

Is there anyone out there who can give me and idea of how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back