Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Client Asking for Credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurio71

Technical User
Oct 1, 2009
MX
For 1 user Outlook 2007 is asking for credentials. The prompt seems to have started since he had his password changed. Outlook opens OK and is online but will later display the prompt box. Entering the current credentials doesn't work. His account locks out also. I can log into OWA using the current credentials. I have created a new Outlook profile, added the Windows credentials to the Credential Manager in Control Panel on the client machine. Any advice, folks?

Level 1 Support Technician

Also, this behaviour is seen if the user logs on to other client machines.

And it's safe to deduce that other users do not encounter the same problem - since you did not mention that any do?

I would tend to think "authentication" (basic, NTLM) on one of the virtual directories (autodiscover, OAB) but I do not believe any of these settings are per user.

Haven't checked that but it's only user. Cheers

Something interesting, accessing the network printer queues, on the user's computer, locks out the user's account. Will re-format the PC.

So, re-formatted the machine and the prompt has disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back