Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook can send BUT can't reply or forward emails ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxup

Programmer
Dec 14, 2010
CA
Hi,

I have a particular issue with my Outlook. Here is what my Outlook looks like:

1 have 3 accounts, 1 is a GSuite account, the other 2 are IMAP.

I can send and receive with all 3, easy peasy.

I can't reply or forward with the 2 IMAPS. It gives me an error "Outlook could not complete the operation because service provider does not support it".

I have tried another email client such as Thunderbird and the 2 IMAPS work fine (can send, can receive, can forward, can reply).
I have tried to delete and add profile in Outlook and same issue.
Definitely an Outlook issue.

Can anybody please help with the weird "can't forward, can't reply, but can send!" issue.

Thanks.
FOXUP!

You can forward & reply in outlook.
Kindly check your outgoing server setting.

I am not able to reply or forward (I can only send new mail). It gives me an error "Outlook could not complete the operation because service provider does not support it" when I attempt to Forward or Reply.

Please help.

Thanks,
FOXUP!

This is my issue (with a solution that is not feasible):

Unfortunately, I do not have "AutoHotKey" so there goes that solution, and I've tried the "Save an email (to Drafts) before sending it" solution, which is not really a great way to fix it because I have to remember to save it to drafts all the time!

Please let me know if there is another fix.

Thanks,
FOXUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back