Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2002
US
In Outlook, some of my users' calendars show the holidays through 2006, while most (including me) do not show any holidays past 12/2002. When I go into calendar options to add holidays, all it does is add 2002 holidays again.

The really wierd thing is that all users are using the same image, but some do not get any holidays past 2002. We are all using Windows 2000 and Office 2000.

Does anyone know how to add the holidays for 2003?

Outlook stores a read-only text file called Outlook.txt in the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033 folder. This file stores the necessary information for the Add Holidays feature. The Outlook.txt file lists holidays in the following format:

[Country]###
Holiday description, yyyy/mm/dd
Holiday description, yyyy/mm/dd

Where ### is the total number of holidays listed for a particular country. Note that there is a space between the closing brackets and the number, and a carriage return at the end of the line. On each holiday line, there is a comma and space between the holiday description and the date, and a carriage return at the end of the line. For example:

[United States] 3
Independence Day, 1997/07/04
Thanksgiving Day, 1997/11/27
Christmas Day, 1997/12/25

hth
Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic

[yoda]

Just a note in XP its a little diff.

The file name is outlook.hol right click the file name, click the Open With menu, and then choose Notepad. Scroll to the country that you want to add or modify entries. Make changes as needed, keeping with the following syntax:

Holiday Name,YYYY/MM/DD (note there are NO spaces between the name and the date)

hth Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic

[yoda]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back