Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Calendar invitations, invitee receives incorrect time 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcrecelius

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
US
I regularly send meeting invitations to my supervisor. In the last few months, if I send him an "all day" meeting it will show up in his calendar as spanning 2 days.
I sent him an invitation for April 6th, 2:30 - 3:30 and it shows up in his calendar as 1:30 - 2:30.
Both computers are on Office XP and they are both set to the correct time zone.
I seem to remember reading something about this problem on machines where the time zone had been changed but that doesnt apply in this case.
Is there a fix for this?

Hi,

I don't know about the first issue, but with respect to the second one, given that the time is exactly one hour off, and he's one hour behind, I suspect a Daylight Savings issue -- we do "spring forward" an hour this weekend, right before April 6th.

Tools > Options > Calendar Options > Time Zone ... then make sure that your colleague's "Adjust for daylight savings time" checkbox is checked.

Blaine

The first issue is bacically the same, I should have been more specific. It will span 2 days because it is going from 11pm-11pm instead of 12-12 so its still an hour off.

I just checked his settings and it "Adjust for daylight savings time" was NOT checked. I'll test and see if it fixed the problem.

I am having the same issue. The appointment was sent on March 31st and was scheduled for today at 11:30 a.m.
Automatically adust for daylight savings time WAS selected.
What would that issue be?

Some places don't use DST (I believe even parts of Indiana, USA, Arizona (except Navajo land), Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, Puerto Rico and Vergin Islands don't).

Wherever you are, should you be on DST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back