Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Calendar---Free/Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiefmer

MIS
May 19, 2000
US
when I am trying to view the free/busy of a certain user, and when I know that she is busy, it is showing that she is always free. But if I were to look at someone else's calendar it shows when they are busy. What would be the problem?

To clarify...

Do you mean that person A has an appointment in her calendar and has chosen the "busy" option. You view her schedule from your meeting planner in Outlook, for example, and she appears to be free. Yet when you go to person B's computer and view person A's schedule from there, person A appears busy?

Is this what you mean, or have I misunderstood. If this is the case, I have no answer...sorry.

Cd.

Have you tried the /cleanfreebusy switch on the pc of the user with the problem Outlook account?
To do this ... on the users pc, logged on as the user:
Start\Run
click on browse and locate the Outlook.exe - then enter (space) /cleanfreebusy at the end
e.g it might look something like this: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe" /cleanfreebusy
This will hopefully fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back