Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook blocking everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaa69

Programmer
Nov 12, 2001
US
Outlook 2000 keeps blocking all files I am sending out. I would liek to be able to allow my system to let me send what I need to any help please

It says it is blocking possible harmful files from coming across. I'm sending a clean EXE file, that I know is clean. Even if I send it to another Machine in my house, I'm still getting this message. But only if outlook is being used.

Hi jaa69,

Is you machine part of an office network?

Are you using an internet connection firewall?

If you are connected to a network/or use firewall there may well be an administrator setting on the netwroks proxy/firewall preventing you from sending or receiving .exe files in fear of viruses.

Well This is my home network. For the most part it is peer to peer, but there is a Novell Server (3.12 because it still runs as a file server) but only one computer is on it. I'm using zonealarm fire wall on both computers. I can;t even e-mail it to myself. Thanks for the help..

Another thought. If you have Norton AntiVirus running, check under Options > Email Settings, and make sure Scan Outgoing Email is turned off.

Zip the .exe or change the extension to something other than .exe .bat etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back