Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

skbryan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2003
US
We use exchange 2003 and mostly office xp outlook. (all the latest service packs and patches are installed on the client machines). Where do I go in exchange 2003 to modify settings so that users can send and receive url addresses and other attachments without the message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments. . ." Or how do I change this on the client. This is for my boss, and he is cross and in a hurry. Please help. Thanks.

I did just go in and edit his registry a bit using the ;url;pst; . . . etc. I read somewhere about within exchange changing his individual settings there for his specific mailbox, but have not had time to try and find the "how to" on that one. Any suggestions? THanks for your help.

Have you tried going to outlook

tools->options->security

and taking off the check box where it says "Do not allow attachements to be saved or opened that could potentialy be a virus"

I meant from within Exchange Server setting individual settings for just this user without doing a GPO. (not from within Outlook on the client machine). Thanks.

Outlook Attachment Security is a CLIENT side feature. II don't think you'll find a server side option to control it other than a GPO, or possibly a MST transform if you're doing a custom install with ODK.

You can also get the *adm templates from the Office resource kit and add them to a new (or existing) GPO and through that control which attachments can be accessed.

You can also control nealry every setting in all office apps by doing this. Very handy for file locations and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back