Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook AutoLogin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lan300

MIS
Mar 18, 2003
CA
Is it possible to setup OUTLOOK 2000 to auto login?

(I know when the computer (eg. win2000) is on the domain and logged in, then outlook will auto-login with that name / password... but this is on a laptop... not part of the domain.

Thanks,
Lan

Look in Control Panel, Mail, Profiles - always use this profile.

Is this what you're after?

not quite, it's already on the profile i want... I just want it to put the name/domain/password for me.

Ahhhhh, for the actual mail account...

In Outlook, look at Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, second tab I think (can't remember what it's called), look for a checkbox to remember username and password.

I'm not sure if we are talking about the right stage in outlook... I'm talking about when you click the outlook icon, and it opens asking for the user/domain/password in order to load completly...

there is probably an Exchange mailbox set up in the profile.

Chris.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that Outlook is connecting to an exchange server (part of a domain) it's just the laptop that is not joined to the domain.

So what i'm looking for is a way or tool to automate the login process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back