Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook authentication issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbell533

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2002
US
I have 2 clients with laptops on Win2k Pro, one with Office 2k Pro the other with Office XP Pro, both of which use a host file entry to resolve the Exchange server.

Last Monday, their computers suddenly started requesting authentication for access to the Exchange server repeatedly and would never authenticate (just kept asking for login, pw and domain). We are on a domain which they log into when they turn on their laptops, so it should not be asking for authentication at all.

Upon removing the host file entry for the Exchange server, Outlook was able to connect and did not ask for authentication.

However, now, whenever they go remote I have to go in and add the host file entry so they can access their email remotely.

I have several other clients that have the exact same configuration that do not have this problem.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back