Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook as a Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

markt

MIS
Sep 7, 1999
GB
Hi

Does anyone use the Outlook Client instead of the Groupwise Client? Is there any major issues or features missing?

Also, is it possible to do Cacheing mode?

Thanks
Mark

If you're used to using GroupWise, you'll hate using outlook. Outlook is totally lacking in features and is difficult to do anything with. I don't think you get caching mode. Outlook hangs completely when downloading any large attachments and you can't even get control back until its completely done. You never know when you have emails if you have rules that put them in subfolders... Outlook doesn't display the count indicator that you take for granted in GroupWise.. I ran it for 2 months just so I could understand how it worked, and ended up using Webaccess just so I could get things done. I could never recommend using outlook.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

The only way to effectively run Outlook with GW (7.01) is using the Outlook Connector in Caching Mode... If you don't run the connector in caching mode - you will have problems with attachments like Marvin mentioned.

It does work, but using the GW Client is far superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back