Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Archive not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickero007

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2003
US
I have a problem where Outlook Archive doesn't work for 2 users. I have tried AutoArchive and manual archive. Everytime it says "Archiving" in the lower right corner but doesn't archive anything. The "Deleted" folder is the only folder that appears under "Archived Folders" but it is empty. I have tried archiving everything older than 1 day but still no results. The date/time on the Exchange Server and workstations are correct. I have tried moving the archive file location and deleting/recreating it.

Any ideas??

-Volkoff007

Have you tried:
- recreating the users Outlook profile?
- removing/reinstalling Outlook?
- recreating the users Windows profile?

I have run into this problem myself. In my case I discovered that the Archive function uses the "Last Modified Date" as the compare field when you set the date parameter when you Archive. So, for example, if you have just opened an old msg., and your archive date is set earlier than the date you opened the msg., it will not archive.

Thanks gregfed, that was the answer to at least 1, probably both. I found this MS Knowledge base file for how to check the last modified date:

Then I Archived and it worked. I'm still puzzled as to why it wouldn't Archive when I selected the date as 2 days ago but regardless it worked this time.

-Volkoff007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back