Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Anywhere resetting configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2008
I am having an issue for a user who is using Outlook Anywhwere (RPC over HTTPS) for their Outlook communication from a home location. Every time they restart Outlook it asks for their password. This is normal and expected. What is not normal or expected is that it won't accept the user's password and asks again. In checking the configuration i found that "Only connect to proxy servers that have this pricipal name in their certificate:" is enabled and set as expected. The principal name on the certificate does not match (it is an alternative name). If I uncheck this box, everything works. Next time the user loads Outlook again, the setting is re-enabled. How can I prevent this from getting re-enabled.
The user is running Outlook 2007.

What is the difference between the name of the server in the dialogue box and the name on the actual certificate?

You could disable the requirement on the Exchange server that the name match the certificate: that would be the most direct way to resolve the issue, since tweaks on the client will get undone by the server settings.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Our SSL provider offered to issue a new cert with the Primary name changed, so resolving this issue turned out to be issuing a new cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back