Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook and Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatPlus

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
Hello all:

I installed (in the following order)

Windows Server 2003
Office 2000 Professional and applied all SP
Oulook configured as IMO
Terminal Services

And I can no longer go to Outlook. Access, Excel, Power Point and Word... no problem

Cannot REMOVE or REPAIR either!

Microsoft's Knowledgebase Article 253430 states IMO on TS is not supported. Launching Outlook, I get following message:

Some default settings in MS Office 2000 setup do not work properly on a Windows Terminal Server. To install Office on a Terminal Server, you must use the instructions and tools available in your Office 2000 Resource Kit or at
I have read numerous articles and concluded (1) I should have installed TS first and (2) I must remoce Office and re-install it...... does anyone know how?

Please help

When you install a terminal Service client all applications MUST be run in install mode after.

Unfortunatley your only solution is to uninstall office and reinstall it and the service paks VIA add/remove

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

sorry, i missed the cannot remove part?

cannot remove office from add/remove? what error does it give?

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

Hello Shmoes:

Thanks your response.... I could not Remove Office 2000 from Add/Remove Software wizard. It exited me out (messaging was too fast for me to catch). I could not re-install either. If I put the Office 2000 CD it would show up as if initiating auto run then exit without a message

To resolve the issue, I removed Terminal Services. Then removed Office 2000 and deleted Office entry from the registry and deleted Office folder. Then installed Office again and launched Outlook with Corporate or Workgrou option then reinstalled TS.

Like the MS KB Article 253430 said, Outlook will not function if configured as IMO

I'm a happy camper today!

Have a nice day and thank you again!

Mickey

Sorry to tag on the end of this, I know you've resolved this. I believe your initial problem was doen to the fact that you weren't using the transforms file (termsrvr.mst) when installing Office in the first place. We use IMO in a t/s environment quite happily. The transforms file makes the app mulit-user compatible under ts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back