Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook All-Day Events Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndiee

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
Using Outlook 2000, a user has created many All-Day (Free Time) Events, so there are often three or four on any given day. Some of these Events are missing in the Day view display (always the last one in the list). There is a grey area where the event should be listed and if you double-click on the grey area, the missing event opens.

B-( Stranger yet, if you add another All-Day (Free Time) Event, the missing one will now be visible. Has anyone seen this before? Technet and the MS KnowledgeBase does not list it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cyndiee, this seems to be a bug in Outlook. If you increase your screen resolution you will be able to see a few more all-day events. We're using an Outlook shared calendar for our company vacation calendar. If more than 11 all-day events (people on vacation) show up for a given day, the 12th, 13th, etc. cannot be seen at 600x800 resolution. If I change to 1024x768 I can see them. Outlook should give you a scroll-bar to see the remaining appointments, but it doesn't.

I haven't found a fix for this yet, I tried making the font smaller in the current view but it doesn't do any good. I'll post a fix here if I find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back