Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook address book problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expression

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
GB
Hi
I have had to reinstall Outlook due to several problems which are now all resolved however I still have a problem with Outlook. I have imported some email address's and also manually put in some email address's but if I click on "To" in Outlook I do not get a list to choose from although there are pleanty in the address book.
If I right click on Contacts Icon under Outlook Short cuts and go to Properties then to tab Outllok address book it is not possible to enter a tick in the "show this folder as an e-mail address book" which I assume to be the problem.
I have seen some one else with what appears to be the same problem but the reply did not help me
Having now spent many hours trying to sort this out can any one help?

I dont' have an exact answer but I would try playing with the Tools - Email Accounts - View or Change existing directories or address books. You didn't say what version of Outlook you are using.

Does this apply?

outlook: no access to "contacts" from "write new mail window" thread68-793359

Hi
Thanks both I solved the problem by reinstalling XP totally.
But thanks for your comments
Regards
John

I have this exact problem but it is not a new bulid - reinstalling will not do anything.

Any ideas?

Benjamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back