Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook actions when message recieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkellygb

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2001
GB
I am pretty good with VBA from within Access or Excel but I am struggling with Outlook.

What I am trying to do is execute code whenever an email message is received or sent. Specifically, when a message arrives, I would like to check the email address against a field in a Jet table. If it finds a match, save the email item as an HTML file, add a record to the database with a hyperlink to the HTML file. I would like to execute the same process when an email is sent.

In this way, there is a record of email correspondence in the database file.

It is probably obvious, but I can't seem to get a procedure to fire when an email is sent. I can't seem to find an event which fires whenever an email is sent/received and determine the item that is being sent/received.

Does anyone have any suggestions or code snippets?

Thanks

Thank you!

At first this did not work. I gave up after monkeying with every setting I could find. The next day it started working. I assume that I had to close Outlook and reopen it to make it work.

Regards,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back