Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook access notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

kochg

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2002
BE
Hi,

I have a program that reads mails in my outlook mailbox to process them. The mails are generated by a kind of auditing system and the program that reads them just produces a kind of log file, not more.

No problem in office 2000, but with office XP, I get this warning that "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this?". Then you have the choice to allow this for an period of time.

My question: how can I change this behaviour so he doesn't come and ask me for this confirmation. Same for the "A program is trying to send mails on your behalf" notification.

Thanks!

G

See:

Outlook 2002 disallows VB app to send emails
faq707-1904

I had the same problem recently.

Thanks,

The article gave me the suggestion to use the Outlook E-mail security administrator package on the exchange server. this will do the trick.

Thanks again,

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back