Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 98 deleting email after opened and closed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallas4u

MIS
Dec 29, 1999
US
Has anyone ever seen a problem in Outlook where after someone double clicks and opens an email, then closes it... it's gone? I have had two computers, one right now, that the user will open the email to read it, then as soon as they close it, it's totally gone from the computer. It doesn't go into deleted items, or sent items, or personal folders... it's just GONE! Has anyone heard of this or seen it, or know a fix for it?<br>
<br>

Check for a filter on the Inbox, possible that a filter is forcing only unread messages to be shown. A read message will disappear from the list.<br>
with inbox open, go to View -&gt; Customize Current View, you will see a Filter option button, If the Filter is anything but *OFF*, that may be your problem. Under the More Choices tab, there is a selection for &quot;Only Items that are:&quot; -&gt; unread; read. Uncheck all boxes, or hit the 'Clear All' button in lower right corner.<br>
<br>
This is the only thing I can think of that would cause read messages to disappear. <br>
Post back here if this doesn't solve your problem, and we will try again.<br>
HTH

THANKS!!!!! That looks like it was the problem! Filters are something I've never modified before. NOW I KNOW!!!!<br>
<br>
Dallas4u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back