Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 98 and Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkallweit

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
US
Is outlook 98 compatible with windows 2000 professional?

Thanks,
DK

Sure. Shouldn't have any compatibility issues.

V

I have the following problem with OL98/W2K. I've got a NT4 Domain and a user logging in as a domain user to a W2K box. Outlook will not be able to access the internet e-mail accounts. When you look at Tools | Services, everything is set up right, but it won't send/receive messages.

I've used regedt32 to adust some security settings on keys but have not been able to find the right combination as yet.

If you're logged on as a domain admin, no problem.

Have you tried having the user(previously added as a temporary admin or power user group) sign on and in the security permissions add them in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, software, microsoft, office, outlook? Just don't forget to take the user out of the powerusers or admin group after. I've had similiar problems with office and windows2000. I've had to edit the registry and create scripts and all sorts because of the default restrictions in W2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back