Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 97 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishkiwi007

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
GB
I have a client that has told me she is having problems sending mail,She can recieve mail ok.She has outlook 97 and win 98, She gets her pop3/smtp email via a lan account. I dont know what type of mail server she goes through. But since she installed a dial up conection for surfing the web only, she can not send any emails.She also said that she recieved some emails from someone else`s account.
Can anyone offer any answers ?? Urgent

Sounds like Outlook is using the dial up connection for accessing the mail which means that it is probably going through the ISP for the dial up rather than what it should be using. If she can't send mail but can receive mail that it would be a sign to me that Outlook is trying to send mail through the outgoing SMTP server but through the through the wrong ISP. Perhaps she is getting and error 550 when she tries to send mail.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back