Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 97 and HTML problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gekko

Technical User
Apr 24, 2000
US
Visit site
Before I had to reformat my hard drive and start over (sigh), I swear I got my email HTML format as I opened it. After re-installation of Office97, I get it as an HTML attachment in the email, which must be opened itself. Since most of my emails are in HTML format, this is really annoying. Isn't there a choice to receive in HTML? Or am I going crazy?!!

Phil
gekko@lvcm.com

Was a mainframe programmer (yes, COBOL), Systems Analyst, Technical Trainer, DB2 support, Certified Info Systems Auditor, backup PC support person. I now bill myself as a Computer Consultant for novice users.

try updating your outlook it might help (typical microsoft) because there isn't a option to set.

andreas owen
aowen@swissonline.ch

Outlook 2000 has a option to choose to send your email as an RTF (notepad) or HTML format.

I dont know if outlook 97 has the same option as 2000 has.

Good Luck
Danny

Thanks to both of you for the ideas. I updated all the Office97's available at Microsoft. I hate to pay for Office2000,since I really don't need it. The thing is, I don't know how I was able to receive it in HTML format before the crash, but not after. One of life's mysteries, I guess. There were some downloads for Office98 at the Microsoft -- would they work on Office97 as a base? If I get tired enough of the double clicking, I guess I'll spring for the 2000 version.
Thanks again,
Phil Grange

Phil
gekko@lvcm.com

Was a mainframe programmer (yes, COBOL), Systems Analyst, Technical Trainer, DB2 support, Certified Info Systems Auditor, backup PC support person. I now bill myself as a Computer Consultant for novice users.

Isnt there an option somewhere, that allows you to choose your emails to be in rich text format.... is that what you mean?

Go tools\options\mail format and change message format to html

It might be a security issue. CHeck security and see if you have it in INternet so that scripts can run.

My Tools menu does not have an options selection -- Believe me, I have tried every menu item I have. There is no rich text format or HTML format for receiving, just for sending. I also turned off all security -- and no change.
I think it must be that I had Office 98 before, but I don't know what I did with the upgrade discs.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas. I think I'll get the newest release -- after all, three years is a lot of time in the programming world (how profound!), so I guess I'll join the present day.

Phil ;-]

Phil
gekko@lvcm.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back