Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 97 and 2002 problems in E2k3 environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayweb

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2003
DE
I have a big problem in our native E2k3 environment. Last Saturday I removed our last Exchange 5.5 and switched to native mode. Now I have the problem that all Outlook 97 clients freez occasionally. Sometimes when they print or when they send an new mail. Even if they want to open an attachement Outlook hangs. A machine reboot is okay for the next 2 or 3 hours. Then the whole thing starts from the beginning.

Almost the same with Outlook 2002 clients. Occasionally they show the small popup window "Outlook is retreiving data from the Microsoft Exchange server ..." When this happens you have to restart the machine or log off the user and everything works fine for some hours or even for some days. Then it starts again.

This whole thing is so strange. I have got no event log messages at all. Neither on the client nor on the E2k3 server. Can anyone help?

There are so many thing are ivloved: what operating system do they carry? (your Make sure that client's profiles and Outlook itself are pointed to Domain Controller which carries your Exchange 2003. Try to test out one of the desktops with new Outlook installation ands see if problem still occuring. Check if all of the old mailboxes were transferred from Excahnge 5.5 to 2003 sucessfully during conversion. You might end up with re-creating users mailboxes from scratch and deleting the old-ones.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back